Well, I guess this is it, we are officially homeschooling! Zara is now requesting schoolwork, which she has dubbed "homework", that term totally fits learning at home! Lucky for Zara I have several workbooks that have been sitting on the shelf just waiting for her to be developmentally ready.
Here are a few pages she did independently on Saturday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
She does great!!! Look at her, she holds her pencil so well too, lol! Sorry, I got really excited over that, but Clay still needs practice.
He asks for and does homework every day also, it's really cute and fun to watch.
Do you guys plan to homeschool for a while then? I still am so torn on this issue.
Erica,
Don't get too excited, the pencil work is fairly recent. The stencil kit has helped a lot!
I'm pretty torn too, I think I may get burnt out with homeschooling. However with Zara's personality I just don't see her thriving in a public school classroom, plus she is already ahead of most of her peers and she still has 2 year until reaching Kindergarten age.
For now I am going to provide materials and learning opportunities and just take one year at a time.
Isn't it a great feeling! Chloe is picking up on my excitement and asks to work in her books in the evenings.
I feel much like you about Chloe and public school. Our spirited girls need so much!
Post a Comment