Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Z Tested...Mother Approved! (WFMW-Toys Worth Buying)

Active Toys!

I've seen tons of great recommendations already so I'm going for a different angle, favorite toys for gross motor play.

Little Tykes climbing structures

We have both a small slide (in storage waiting for the baby to be bigger) and a large cube (in our garage playspace) These climbers have provided many hours of entertainment and exercise when we can't get outside to play. These are pictures of what we have:


Both were had for the mere price of giving them a good scrubbing thanks to bulk trash days. I've also seen climbers and slides on Craigslist quite often. The models we have are no longer available new, but I think they rival the newer types of climbers. The smaller one fits nicely in a corner of the playroom and has a little platform so beginning sliders can get turned around without falling.
If I were going to buy a new indoor climber, this fold-away one looks really neat!


Little Tikes Cozy Push & Ride Coupe

We've had this car for 2 years and it is still played with often by our 3 year old and all her friends. Plus, it has features that make it great for children from about 1-5 years so baby sister will be able to ride not too long from now.
Bonus: Most Little Tikes toys are made in the USA and are so durable that you'll be able to pass on or sell when your kids have outgrown.

Plasma Car
We've only had this toy for a few weeks, but it has been ridden nearly ever day! My husband and I even had a blast zooming around the tile kitchen (doesn't work as well for us grown-ups on the asphalt).

Last, but not least:
Child size sports equipment!
Balls (soccer ball is Z's fav.), foam bats, golf set, bowling pins (or make your own out of plastic bottles), a kite, anything that gets those kids moving!

Find tons more great toy recommendations at Rocks In My Dryer

1 comment:

Erica said...

They are worth it, aren't they? You got a great find on them!

We have the Step 2 Kangaroo Climber that I found at a garage sale. Kids love it :)