Monday, November 17, 2008

My girls are under the weather


They sure don't look miserable do they? Don't let the smiles fool you! The only reason Zara is snuggled so sweetly with her baby sister is that she was too tired to be active!

It's been a long few days with both girls not feeling well and passing on that cold to me. Thankfully Zara is over the worst of it. I am especially relieved as yesterday she had been complaining of ear pain and visions of ear infection were running though my mind. Zoey is congested, has her 1st ever fever, and hates having her nose sucked out, poor baby. I'm worn out, but feel like I can do anything after managing to care for 2 sick kiddoes and not collapse myself. I credit our mostly rapid recovery to Zicam, herbal tea, and children's echinacea.

I'm hopeful that being sick this week will mean that no one gets sick when we travel next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

7 comments:

Chocolate Daisies said...

Poor babies. I hope they feel better soon!

Valerie said...

I kind of like when Chloe is a little sick... just enough that she's quiet and snuggly for a day or so. Benjamin has a cold too so I've barely slept this past week.

Do you give Zicam to Zara? We do probiotics and echinacea but I haven't tried the Zicam.

Shana said...

will you be traveling my way perhaps? We will be in the OKC area for Thanksgiving!

As a side note, I have been so busy, with hardly a moment on the computer and have missed you so much!

Amber said...

Val, I have not given Zara Zicam as she was not keen on the idea of me putting something in her nose (we only had the swabs). Chrstine told me she has used the oral mist Zicam with her boys though.

Shana, We are flying to Iowa, driving to MO with my grandparents, squeezing in a visit in St. Louis, and flying home. I sure wish I could come visit you though.

Erica said...

Poor Sweethearts! I hope everyone is 100% soon.

Where in Iowa will you be? I'm like 1/2 hour from the Iowa border you know, haha!

Amber said...

Erica,

Oh how I would love to come hang out with you! Unfortunately my sister lives on the South part of Iowa, only about an hour from the MO border.

Erica said...

Wrong side, lol! Some day, someday :) Enjoy your trip.