I didn't get any pictures of the creation process as we had 5 kids to tend too while trying to get some done. It became apparent that it's risky to attempt a project instead of paying attention to the kiddos. At one point my big kid ran off with a bottle of food coloring and managed to dye part of her table in the playroom (trying to paint with it), and my camera went missing (turned up under the futon slipcover). Oh well, the results were worth it. We tried several new techniques, including over-dying with food color and sprinkling kool-aid on to wet silk then microwaving. The pictures don't come close to showing just how amazing these silks really are.
Casandra is the genius of tie-dye!

Variegated greens, using the sprinkle tecnique follewed by immersion dying.

A blue one I whipped up super quick in the evening.

I will be making another one like this for sure and will take step by step pictures. Zara has already claimed this one and was using as an Ocean for her animals this morning.
3 comments:
These are so wonderful. I'm jealous of the fun and the fact that it's lovely enough in TX to be outside!
Those look great, Amber!
Those are beautiful, and I'm sure the girls just love playing with them! Speaking of your girls, I hope they're feeling better and that this week hasn't left you feeling too drained...
Post a Comment