Friday, February 27, 2009

Surprise- spur of the moment trip!

Zoey and I are in North Carolina visiting my family. My little sister Charity was in a car accident 2 weeks ago. I've been sad about the fact that we live so far away and I couldn't go cheer her up. Daniel said "why not honey, let's see if we can get you out there". So, less than 24 hours after that conversation I had a cheap airplane ticket purchase through Priceline and 3 days later we were on our way! Thanks to my awesome friend Casandra who kept Zara overnight on Thursday & Daniel's boss for giving him a couple days off, I was able to just travel with the baby.

It's been so nice to spend time with my parents and 3 little sisters. Alicia, Charity, & Aleyah had no idea I was coming and the looks on their faces when I walked in the house were just priceless!

We get to stay until Wednesday afternoon, might even see some snow out here!

BTW-Charity is recovering well from her accident, although she still has months of physical therapy before she'll be back to her old self.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So glad you are able to have this gift of time with your family.

wryknow said...

I'm so glad you were able to have some time with your family! :) Zara was easy-peasy.