Zara is not confined to a peer group comprised of only children her age. Instead she has friends both older and younger to learn from. Zara has spent many hours happily playing with the neighbor girls, who are 4 and 6. The oldest gal is teaching "school" in our garage to a rapt audience!
Thank you so much for reminding me that this is an asset, not a detriment. I've gotten into a funk lately because Nyah has such a small group of "peers" to draw from, but she has lots of friends both older and younger (but mostly older) who she interacts with regularly. I needed to remember that a peer group needn't consist only of kids her own age.
Love your garage set-up - it's a kids' wonderland, I imagine!
You are totally right and this reminds me that I need to get in touch with the St Louis homeschoolers group. It's very cool that you have other homeschool kids to hang out with.
We have that activity center too (the one Zoey is in).
I have to say this is one thing I'm really enjoying also. It's hard not to get in that funk of thinking they need friends their age though, like Jen said.
3 comments:
Thank you so much for reminding me that this is an asset, not a detriment. I've gotten into a funk lately because Nyah has such a small group of "peers" to draw from, but she has lots of friends both older and younger (but mostly older) who she interacts with regularly. I needed to remember that a peer group needn't consist only of kids her own age.
Love your garage set-up - it's a kids' wonderland, I imagine!
You are totally right and this reminds me that I need to get in touch with the St Louis homeschoolers group. It's very cool that you have other homeschool kids to hang out with.
We have that activity center too (the one Zoey is in).
I have to say this is one thing I'm really enjoying also. It's hard not to get in that funk of thinking they need friends their age though, like Jen said.
Post a Comment