Sunday, January 18, 2009

Zara is starting to read!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

6 comments:

Jen said...

WOOHOO!! What a smarty pants! Congratulations to you both!

OT, but what are the letters she's using in the video? Love them.

Erica said...

Oh that is fantastic! WTGo Zara :) Very exciting.

And I ditto Jen's comment, where did you get those letters? Very nice!

Dawn said...

Yay! How great! Yes, yes, more info about the letters.

Amber said...

Thanks gals! We are having so much fun finding words to sound out all over the place. She read "Zoo" and "Stop" at the Zoo today!

The letters came from our amazing Moogie (aka mother-in-law). I think she got them at a scholastic book sale, next time we talk I'll ask her for sure.

They are wonderful for Zara as she is a very tactile learner. The more ways she can see, touch, and hear something, the more it makes sense to her.

Amber said...

Here are some on Ebay that look like the ones we have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-31-Alphabet-Letters-4-Tall-Soft-Fabric-Stuffed_W0QQitemZ160311073936QQcategoryZ83905QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWINQ3aPOST0Q3aRECOQ3aBINQQcmdZViewItem

Valerie said...

I totally snagged these. Chloe is a visual learner plus I love that they can be chewed on by Benjamin and washed. Genius!