Saturday, January 10, 2009

Holiday Greetings just aren't happening this year.

It's now January 10th and I am ready to admit to myself that I am just not going to pull off sending a big batch of cards/pictures of the kids out in the mail. My overachieving self has been stressing about this for weeks and it's time I let it go. Oh well, next year I will plan ahead better. I'm sure all our family and friends know that we think of them often even without the holiday letter.

Do any of you have lingering stress from the holidays? Any tips for someone like me who likes to think they can "do it all"?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I didn't send cards either. I intended to, but it just never happened :( Elliott was not very happy about it, especially after I sent elf yourself videos to everyone via email with him as a disco dancing star. I decided the elf videos would be our cards :)

Valerie said...

One year I sent my cards out in January. If you're ready to let them go, then do. However, if you want to send them, go for it! Truly, the Christmas season starts on Christmas day and runs through Epiphany.

And who wouldn't want pictures of the Z girls any time of year???

Moogie said...

Amber, When the kids were babies i don't think i ever sent out a card. That didn't happen until they were in middle school. One word, from someone who knows. Enjoy! Enjoy those precious girls now before one day you realize they are grown up and you wonder where all the time went. You are a fantastic mom and do great things with the girls. Just look at Zara, She may be smart but all her knowledge comes from you and Danny. You have taught her so much. And Zoey, she is such a happy baby, that does not happen alone.So cards don't get sent, clothes aren't folded and there are dust bunnies under the bed. Who cares! When the girls go to college you can be as anal as you want. Why do you think I am enjoying it now? LOL! Don't look at the past and wish you had done stuff differently. The present is now and indeed it is a present. Love those babies and just enjoy life with Danny. As long as the toilets, tub and kitchen are clean you will survive. I did! You and Danny are doing great and I love you both so very much. Just takes lots of pictures and i will be ecstatic!

Momma aka Moogie