This is one of the book and prop sets that came in the weather theme box from our local library.

Zara and some homeschooled friends enjoyed acting out parts of the book as I read it, then they painted paper plates for this activity together.

Zara completed the Sun project at home by cutting one plate into rays and gluing onto the other plate.


Zara also enjoyed coloring Bingo marker weather word pages found here

I found these materials at Michael's for less than $3 and knew it would make a fun weather project.

Zara loved making her weather picture frame and was able to do pretty much the entire project independently!


Isn't it cute?

Zara wanted to make a big weather picture, so I drew a simple outline and she colored with dot markers, complete with some ducks in the pond!

Those were the major projects last week, fortified with lots of discussions about weather and reading materials related to the topic as well.

3 comments:
Wow. Again, Amber, I just have to say that you (and Zara) are amazing! And I love the picture frame!
If I haven't said this already just let me say now: You are a GREAT mom!!
Oh, how did you know about the theme set at the library??
Thanks ladies, you made my day!
Dawn,
I saw the kits on the shelf in our children's area and asked about them. No special rules, check out period is 3 weeks too! You can find all the kits by searching the catalog for ROAR- Reach Out And Read literacy kits.
Post a Comment