Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Completed Water Cycle Poster



Zara is very proud of her finished poster. She especially enjoyed telling Daddy all about the parts of the cycle when he got home from work. I enjoyed hearing the amazement in her voice as we talked about how water travels and cycles to the sky and the Earth and back over and over again.

Zara got to use "old school" Elmers paste to glue the last 2 pages, she said it was fun, but harder to do than regular glue. (It smelled as good as I remember from my kindergarten days, LOL)


Here are the watercolor fish she painted yesterday, they look very pretty on our glass doors.


Tomorrow we are going to the library to pick up several books that relate to our theme. I'll also be getting a Home Literacy Kit about weather! Should be fun stuff. Zara can't stop talking about getting to go back to gymnastics on Thursday so I figured planning an exciting outing tomorrow will help pass the time.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Oh how fun, she did a great job on the fish. Did you use coffee filters?

Amber said...

Actually the fish were pre-cut watercolor shapes I bought from http://www.discountschoolsupply.com
They came in a pack of 100 with 5 different shapes for $9. I split the order with another homeshooling friend.
I am quite impressed by the quality, the color spread very well. I will be ordering more diffusing shapes in the future as Zara loved this project, in fact we had to do more the next day!