We purchased a rolling backpack for Zara the week before our trip and I have to say it was a wonderful decision. She was able to pull her own stuff through the airport which helped mom (a.k.a. the pack mule) out a ton! One moment that I will never forget, we were getting off the plane and Zara was pulling her bag up the jetway, it kept getting turned around making it hard to pull. She pipes up "Mom, my luggage isn't listening to me!" I heard several giggles from out fellow passengers disembarking with us, lol.
We are quite fond of our portable DVD player for traveling.

Zara was entertained by the movie Wall-E and then drew this robot in her notebook.

Looking out the window during takeoffs and landings provided a spark in conversations about how things look from far away. Zara thought the snaking river we saw was especially cool.
Zoey is a champion traveler, except for the freakouts in the evening following a day of over stimulation. Poor kid, I guess smiling at gaggles of cooing strangers is just too much for her to handle. Lucky for me I was able to connect the dots as to why she was crying inconsolably and was prepared for it to occur again.
Here is my sweet baby snoozing in my lap during our 1st flight and on the seat next to Nana on the second flight (we got to meet my family on our layover and take the 2nd leg together!).


I'm still catching up around the house and trying to get all 400+ pictures from our trip organized and uploaded. Whew...more to come soon.

1 comment:
I'm glad you're home safe and sound! I've missed seeing your blog pop up on my google reader, so I was excited to see it at the top of the list tonight :)
Post a Comment