Friday, October 31, 2008

Z Tested...Mother Approved!

I plan to make our reviews of toys and educational products a regular feature of my blog.
First up, a zany game Zara recently chose using a birthday gift card.
The Cat in the Hat- I Can Do That (on sale now for $15.99 at Amazon).



This game consists of a foam tube "trick-a-ma-stick", 9 props straight out of a Dr. Seuss world, and 33 cards that have you put together a sequence to play out. For example: one might be required to step over the trick-a-ma-stick with the boat in their clothes. Zara is younger than the recommended age of 4-8, but had no trouble playing the game with Daniel and I, or with her little buddy. Getting the trick-a-ma-stick together takes an adult and it does seem to come apart rather easily. Zara adores the props, especially the little rake. I, as a mom trying to minimize clutter, appreciate that everything fits neatly back in the box. I imagine we are going to have lots of laughter and fun memories playing this silly game together!


No comments: