Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Clay Takes Shape

Can you guess what this is?
I showed Zara how to coil clay ropes to make a bowl shape. She was uber excited and immediately got some play food and started telling me stories about her bowl. I went off to coo over the little foot eater and a bit later Zara brought me this creation. It's a mermaid in a boat holding a paddle according to Zara. Wowza, my little gal sure has a wonderful imagination. I'm impressed as this is our first ever intricate (i.e. beyond snakes and balls) creation with clay.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that's really impressive! A future artist on your hands, perhaps?

Amber said...

Funny you would say that Jen. Zara has always been an artsy type, I'll have to blog about her "gallery" soon.
I do have to say I am starting to tire of finding bits of clay all over the house. Perhaps time to set stricter limits on clay habitation, although it would difficult to enforce with baby keeping me busy.