Friday, May 8, 2009

Poor, neglected blog.

Let me give a quick rundown of the past month, let's just say we've been a bit preoccupied!

~Daniel returned home from Yuma on April 6th to the news that we are going to have another baby! It was shock at first, but we are all thrilled about our growing family. Z3 is expected to arrive in December.

~A week later, more big news, PCS orders (that means moving from you non-military folks)! We are headed to Ft. Benning, GA at the end of June. That means each of our children will be born in different states, that's a true marker of an Army brat!

~Then Daniel began his block leave (vacation time) and we headed off to the beach on South Padre Island. It was a wonderful weekend trip, lots of pictures on my dropshots site. We spent a mere 36 hours at home before heading off for Oklahoma and a visit with the in-laws. More fun and relaxation ensued.

~Upon returning from our whirlwind travels, pregnancy exhaustion hit full force along with Zoey fighting a nasty cold. We also have been making the most of having Daniel home and getting lots of organizing, de-cluttering, and paperwork/phonecalls done in preparation for the big move.

~Last, but not least, we are enjoying some of the places and activities that we love about San Antonio. As excited as we are about the next adventure, it will be sad to leave this great city and the home we have lived in for the longest period thus far in the history of our family.

The coming months look to be just as crazy busy! Just after Memorial Day (which may include a much longed for Schlitterbaun trip!) the girls and I are setting off on a 3 week road trip, returning to TX with only 8-9 days until pack-out!

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Amber - Congrats! I'll respond to your email next week after I'm back from Springfield, but I just wanted to say that June 12 should work just fine - can't wait to see you!

OWL MOMMA said...

Girl, I'm tired just reading this! I am sad you are leaving, but glad you feel good about it. Hopefully we'll run into y'all again before you go. And congrats on Z3! I love the nickname :)

Dawn said...

Everything Owl Momma said!!